Thursday, October 8, 2015

Satisfaction of Inspiration

“To be inspired is great, but to inspire is an honor.”


 ― Stacey T. Hunt

Growing up in a dance studio you learn to admire and gain inspiration all around from the older, more talented and higher experienced dancers. As I have grown as a dancer, I am both honored and humbled to be looked at for inspiration by those younger than myself, while still being motivated by those who inspire me.

My whole life I have looked up to older dancers, instructors and professionals. I wanted to work hard so I could be just as great as them one day. They made me want to practice, want to stretch and want to do my best. However in the last few years I have noticed a shift in interest. Parents and young girls from my studio watching through the window, asking me questions about improvement and complimenting me constantly on my dancing and positive attitude. This was the beginning of how I not only became inspired by others, but others began to take inspiration from me. 

It’s important to remember that behavior, attitude, work ethic, talent and kindness all are representative of the inspiration you give to others. As we get older we see the younger generations looking up to us for guidance, attention and inspiration. To be inspiring role models dancers must show leadership and positivity as a dancer and a person.

At dance I do my best to show leadership, have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and an overwhelming amount of kindness. I want to be a positive inspiration to the younger ones and lead by example both in and out of dance classes. I genuinely enjoy hearing about children’s interests, likings, activities and life. I am very interactive with them and encourage them put in 100% effort.

I have gained a lot of knowledge from those who have inspired me most and I am proud to say they were great people to look up to. They have created me into the dancer and person I am today and shape my way of thinking about the world. On the contrast, being able to inspire others is a blessing. It makes me overfilled with joy to hear that I have guided a dancer into a better person and make them smile because they have found their passion and never want to let it go. Seeing the smiles of all the young girls brings me so much happiness, and because of them I know too that I would never want to be anywhere else. I am truly honored to be able to inspire the young dancers that I once was too.

~Julia Brewer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment