Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love of Dance

“To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.”

- Jane Austen

Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day, as I spent it dancing away at my studio in preparation for first competition of the season. Dancing has been my life for the past 14 years of my life. From a young age I danced aimlessly, without a though or care. I danced simply because it brought me joy and happiness. I will dance when I am happy, emotional, inspired or excited. It doesn’t matter my mood, I will always be dancing, because it is my most favorite thing to do. It’s crazy how an after school activity turns into hours of your weekly schedule dedicated to the art. It shows true passion and desire to want to keep going, and work on improvement, despite a hectic schedule and other experiences. In the end I have found it is all worth it all by the feelings dance brings me. After every meeting, practice, rehearsal, performance, competition I fall in love all over again. Being on stage is not the only highlight, its being around the dancer who share the same of love of dance with you its working with choreographers who inspire you to love dance more than ever before, it’s the little girls outside the door waiting for you to finish and catch your glance that makes the love grow stronger and stronger by each eight count. Dance has become my first love, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. I only hope to share that love with those around me. I indeed have becoming so fond of dancing, that with every; leap, turn, reach, extension and step I fall deeper, and deeper in love. If you are ever feeling forever alone, especially on the celebration day of love, just chase deep within you passion and find something that can keep a smile on your face, because that is a great kind of love.

~Julia Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment